So, maybe it's just me. Maybe it's a really great book but I'm just in a bad mood or not the intended audience or something. I don't know. But I did notice how just about everyone commented on how much they loved the Irish setting. So, if ancient Ireland+romance+magic is your thing, then this may be a good book for you.
Now, why didn't I like it? Let me count the ways.
- The editing issues distracting
- The pace dragged.
- There was too much telling instead of showing.
- I didn't especially like the main characters (didn't hate them, just didn't like them much).
- The attempted plot twists and surprises were just not that surprising to me - the author telegraphs.
- There's a talking cat, but he's not amusing. What's the point in that? If you're going to be cheesy, at least make me laugh, that's what I say.